Here is one version of the song for her animals, interrupted by a rude dog.
And then a couple more funny stories. The other night Nick was looking at the Target toy catalog. Sam jerked it our of his hand. Nick said, "I was looking at that. Maybe I wanted to buy you something." Sam said, "You can buy me something. I will help you look." I asked Nick if it reminded him of anyone. She really is a mini me.
Another funny one relates to the baby. I have taken to calling baby Munchkin. We needed a nickname since he/she was kind of weird. When I put Sam down for a nap or to bed, she always wants three songs. One of those is "I see the moon" which involves singing "God bless the moon and God bless ____". We always include Samantha, mom and dad, grandparents, others based on situations, and now Munchkin. Today when I sang about Munchkin, Sam said, "That sounds like cereal." I guess it relates back to making Monkey Munch recently. I could not help laughing, it was so random. Hardly a day passes that she does not amaze me and make me laugh.
I had my parent/teacher conference today. Of course, we got a great report about how advanced she is on skills and what a joy she is. Whenever the teacher asks about a certain letter, Sam and one other girl are in a race to say it first. It was nice to know more about how she spends most of her school days. Basically, reading on the rug with some play in the house area with the babies. She also has a lot of conversations with the other kids. Just like when I was a kid, she has a lot to say :)
No comments:
Post a Comment