Wednesday, May 14, 2008
What more does life have to offer?
So I have some interesting news to report. On Monday I had some pain in my right side that was worse with walking, plus nausea and vomiting. Given that I am breastfeeding, I have limited options, but I did try tums. After a few hours and a consult with Nick's brother, we headed into the hospital at 6:30. It took the whole night to finally get a CT scan to confirm that I had appendicitis. So I had an appendectomy Tuesday morning. I just got home earlier today. Of course, all this means she had to be fed formula since I did not have enough pumped and I have to wait until it has been 24 hours from the last antibiotics. Her first time on formula since the hospital when she needed it for jaundice. Additionally, I cannot pick her up for two whole weeks. But my mom has been awesome and stayed with Sam while Nick stayed with me. My dad also helped out a lot. I have no idea what we would have done without them. And I don't know what I would have done without Nick, he keeps me sane. It was rough, but hopefully I will recover quickly and things can get back to normal. I am counting the days until I can pick up my baby.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh my! I am so sorry! I hope your recovery goes smoothly. Take care.
ReplyDeleteWow! I'm so glad you're okay!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad it got figured out and that you are all right. Don't worry, you'll be back to making the panda's work in no time ;)
ReplyDelete